It’s that time of year – time to assemble the gift list for the golfer on your holiday shopping list. The EWGA Forecaddie has made your holiday shopping a bit easier with the following ideas of all golf-related items sure to please the golfer on your list.
Golf Accessories - We start with golf accessories because they’re way more fun to give and receive than golf equipment and apparel. Here are some essential items for all golfers:
• Golf Balls – Golfers love new golf balls – especially when they are a gift. Find out which brand and model your golfer prefers – some companies even offer complimentary personalization during the holidays. Titleist is offering the ability to customize golf balls with a specific play number, personalization or a logo. Visit Titleist or your favorite golf shop for more details.
· Distance Measuring Devices – there are all kinds of options when it comes to distance measuring devices – there are GPS units, Golf GPS watches and rangefinders. Visit the following sites to find that perfect distance to the green: Skygolf, Bushnell, Garmin and GolfBuddy.
• Travel Bag – if you are looking for a quality soft golf travel bag, check out the options from Club Glove. More than 90 percent of PGA TOUR players use the “Last Bag” – named so since it may be the “last bag” you may have to purchase for your golf clubs. Also pick up the “Stiff Arm” – an adjustable telescoping club protector that fits in all travel bags. Adjust the Stiff Arm to a length just longer than the longest club in the bag to protect clubs when traveling.
• Sunglasses – while these may be personal preference, it’s important to remind the golfer on your list to protect his/her eyes from the sun. Many manufacturers offer sunglasses for specific conditions on the golf course – designed for sunny and overcast conditions. Check out Maui Jim, Oakley, Jack Nicklaus, Nike and Sundog.
• Grips – while it’s not the top of everyone’s dream list, golf grips now come in a variety of colors and materials and are often overlooked part of equipment when a golfer gets ready for a new season. Check out the options from Golf Pride, Lamkin, Winn and Super Stroke.
• Push Carts – if your golfer likes to walk the course instead of riding a cart, consider upgrading to a new push cart. Important things to look for are ease of use while playing golf as well as how easily it is transported to and from the course and storage when not being used. Look at the options from Sun Mountain, Clicgear, Bag Boy and Caddytek.
• Net Return – If you are thinking about a golf net for backyard practice or indoor practice this winter, check out the Net Return sports net specifically for golf, that automatically returns a golf ball back to you. They offer a variety of sizes for indoor and outdoor use as well as nets for other sports.
• Ryder Cup Gear – continue to celebrate Team USA and their victory at Hazeltine Golf Club in October with special Ryder Cup apparel and accessories. Visit the PGA.com Shop for a variety of gifts.
EWGA Membership – give the gift of fun for the entire year! Introduce a friend to EWGA golf events and programs. All new members you recruit will save $20 off the Classic Membership by entering the discount code 2016-RECRUIT when they join online. Share your love of the EWGA with others!
Check back next week for more suggestions for the golfer on your list as well as some stocking-stuffer ideas!